Friday, July 28, 2006

I've stopped the selfish knitting for a spell and am knitting for my niece. I've already finished a baby hat and am working on a baby bolero jacket both from One Skein projects. I've started with the sleeves.
On the reading front, I've started on At Knits End. It's light bedside reading. I was given Forbidden Magic by Alok. I finished it out of love for him. I finished the Uglies Trilogy by Scott Westerfeld. I enjoyed it but it parellels Brave New World. Also read and finished Nightingale's Lament by Simon R. Green. I really like his stuff. I finished Edith Warton's last work The Buccaneers. I really enjoyed it and have started on The House of Mirth which I also enjoy. Today I took advantage of Book Castle's 50% closing sale 7 books for less than $11. I picked up another copy of Pride and Prejudice, a work by Ursala Le Guin and Octavia Butler. I also bought the books that another customer pulled out thinking I would enjoy them. He was cute in a grandfather way. If my paternal grandfather read Scifi it was something he would have done. I miss him. There was also an experience at Movie World, but I wrote of it in another entry not here as it doesn't pertain to knitting or reading. I'm on Abhorsen in Garth Nix's Abhorsen trilogy. I'm taking a break from Nix though I feel I'm getting overwhelmed with his work. I feel like I've read more but I can't think of anything.
Currently on TV: 10 Things I Hate About You

1 comment:

Alok Baikadi said...

After what you said yesterday, I wouldn't have been the least bit offended if you hadn't finished it, though its very flattering taht you love me enough to finish it after what you said :c).
I hope you enjoy the other ones more though.