Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I spent a great weekend with my friend Jen. The quote of the entire trip was "Stop molesting the Alpaca". It was an amazing find. I also found Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkiban on sale with a $5 rebate. I now only need the second movie.
I've talked a lot about current and recently finished knitting projects (which by the way Carmen do you like the fingerless gloves I made. I have enough of the yarn {silk and alpaca blend} to make another pair.) Also for the one person who knows my current project I'm on row 11 of 23 of the lower band of the shirt.
I am currently reading Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskel. I love the 1999 miniseries based on the unfinished work. The ending was based on notes Gaskell outlined before her death. I started Sabriel by Garth Nix. I chose it because Jen in all of her wisdom recommended it to me. I intern recommended Markus Zusak's work. I swear if I lived in Sydney and didn't have a Sean, I may possibly stalk him. Alas I do not live in Australia and I do have a Sean. Jen said she would look into his work. Considering i am the messenger is now out in paper back it's a good idea. Go to the library get his work.
I have seen two movies this weekend: Superman and The Devil Wears Prada. I really liked Superman, Kevin Spacey was a perfect Lex Luther. The story was really well done and there were scenes that it looked like we were looking at Christopher Reeve. The Devil Wears Prada is all about Meryl Streep. She, Anne Hathaway and Stanley Tucci were great. It was fun. I'm not sure I want to own it though. That was my reaction to The Lake House.
On TV: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkiban

No comments: