Saturday, March 14, 2009

I mention a lot about being people sick for my friends in CA. I still am although I get to see everyone in May, and I cannot wait. This week, however, I have been reminded about how awesome my friends are. Jen sent me a dozen of my favorite cookies that I can only get in Cayucos, Monday. I am done to only one cookie as I write this. They are so yummy. Tuesday, a package arrived from Amazon with a cookbook I wanted off of my wishlist and the new Anne Bishop from Lee. I sat down right away to read the cookbook. I am almost ready to start baking bread just need either a pizza stone or some unglazed terra cotta tiles.
The Anne Bishop has been finished. It was good not as good as the first two Black Jewel books and missing Sureal my favorite character, but good. I like Cassy the new female character introduced in this book, and the character of Grey is wonderful. This book really dealt with the scars that all of the characters possess. The book kept me up past 1 AM for two nights and I finished it yesterday morning. I still think the UPS guy thinks we have shopping issues. He has delivered six packages to us in two weeks. We haven't bought anything they are all gifts, but it is still funny.
We have wonderful friends here in CO. They come over for game nights and just hang out. We have one friend who when he heard someone was getting rid of their old TV brought it to us because he knew we couldn't afford to buy a new one. He has offered to throw us a Wedding reception here in CO for everyone who can't come to our wedding in FL. These things make me happy. It is nice to realize that people really do care about us and that I have such great friends.
On the knitting front I am working on the Loksin Sock Pattern for my mom. In Socks That Rock Lightweight in the Deck the Halls color weigh. As always I'm worried I will run out of yarn on the second sock. I'm working the gusset now. I should be fine. The color of the socks is like Raspberry Sorbet. I'm sure she will love them.
I'm currently reading several things at once. I am working through Hell to Pay by Simon R. Green. I need to then pick up his next book that is in paperback for his Nightside series. I have started The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood that I am like so far, and finally my travel book is By a Lady which is fun.
Sean goes away to a conference this week, and I need to reacquaint myself with being alone. It is sad that I have no Joy Feast to deliver food to me or pick up as I come home from work.
Currently on TV: Nothing

No comments: