Saturday, January 13, 2007

A knitting update: I've picked up the Flatiron clog socks again. I'm still working on the leg of the first one. I also resisted on Jen's birthday lace scarf. I think having the yarn balled up will help it actually get done this time. I have two scarves, one pair of socks to do for my mom, and something in the baby family for Grenny.
I finished The Thirteenth Tale this week. I loved it. I'm getting into Northanger Abbey as well. I get the feeling that Jane Austen had fun writing it. I also saw Pan's Labyrinth yesterday; it was worth a rental not a see on the big screen.
Currently on TV: Bride and Prejudice

2 comments:

Jen Smith said...

Bummer about Pan's Labyrinth. I was looking forward to seeing that.

And wonderful news, Andrea had a girl: Natalie Ila. She's soooooo adorable. I must start her little sweater now. I'm excited to knit the ruffled edging.

And with her birth in mind, I remembered to bring in the pattern I used for her blanket.

Stitch Pattern
RS facing = 12st+3
WS facing = 10st+3

Cast on desired multiple of 15.
Rows 1-4 knit all rows.

Begin pattern:

Row 1 (RS): K1, ssk, *k9, sl 2tog-k1-p2sso, rep from * to last 12 stitches; k9 k2tog, k1.

Row 2 (ws): K1, *P1, K4, (k1, yo, k1) in next stitch, k4, rep from * to last 2 sts; p1, k1.

Once you reach desired length, starting with RS, K4 rows then cast off.

Lumie said...

Congratulations to Andrea and Brett. She is going to be one lucky little girl.
Thank you for the pattern. Now I need to truely find yarn for Grenny's baby. I found some lovely baby alpaca, but I'm not sure it's right.