Monday, September 11, 2006

I blame Liam for the following and Stephen for the blog post (apparently not everyone cares about literature and knitting). I have been dating Sean for just under 3 years and all of a sudden the discussion of weddings doesn't make me want to break out in hives. We know that it will be a someday and not a what if. In fact we had started to causually shop for rings ( I found one that I'm sure will be gone when Sean goes back for it). The ring I found is a beautiful rose-gold ring with two small pearls and a small diamond in it made during the Victorian age. I'm certain it will sell soon. We are argueing over location and size already due to the two of us being equally stubborn.
My father even asked me if we were considering it. I so wasn't expecting that conversation for like two years from now. He has said though that if Sean asks his permission he'll go easy on him. My father likes Sean, and he sees how much I love him.
Sean's reaction to all of this at times is that he wishes I still would break out in hives. Be careful what you wish for.

4 comments:

Gonch In Goal said...

Well first off don't blame me, I didn't make you post it, your blog is whatever you want it to be. In fact I took it to mean that a blog was less of a journal and more a discussion of a hobby of some sort as you were doing. But in either case I'm sure it's obvious I would be happy for you guys if/when? this were to happen, and naturally shocked that Sean would be the first of us to do so. This is of course based still on when I first met him. :)

Gonch In Goal said...

Well first off don't blame me, I didn't make you post it, your blog is whatever you want it to be. In fact I took it to mean that a blog was less of a journal and more a discussion of a hobby of some sort as you were doing. But in either case I'm sure it's obvious I would be happy for you guys if/when? this were to happen, and naturally shocked that Sean would be the first of us to do so. This is of course based still on when I first met him. :)

Jen Smith said...

No hives? obviously Sean is not doing it right. Just kidding dearest. Now to persuade you to take a camera with you on your next ring perusing trip.

I need to blog.

Lumie said...

I think a person's hobbies especially the way that I write about them tell a lot of what's going on in my life. This may focus on one part of my free time but other aspects tend to creap in. I am always curious about what Sean was like in high school when you say things like that Stephen.
Jen, I'll try to get him to take a photo of the ring and will definately remember my camera next time.