Saturday, June 17, 2006

I haven't updated in a while so I thought I would write. Thursday was Murder Mystery Bookclub at B&N it went well. We read The Eyre Affair and Aunt Dimmity's Death. The Eyre Affair is one of my all time favorite books and Aunt Dimmity is wonderful afternoon fluff reading. Thursday I also ran out of yarn on the Must Knit Scarf so off to Sit 'N Stitch I went. I love the store and the wonderful Joan works Saturdays and Mondays so I got to see her. She remembered me.
They didn't have one of the yarn I was working with. Two weeks ago I bought their last hank of it (www.blueskyalpaca.com dual tone bulky number 3000). So I picked up another hank of the Fawn and a hank of a matching slate that was in the 3000. The striped scarf is now taking on a funkier edge by having different combinations. I really like it, and if Sean doesn't it becomes the base of a blanket.
On the reading front I'm reading Death by Darjeeling for next month's book club book. I don't like the author beating me over the head with descriptions, but it is set in a tea house which is an idea I love. I'm also reading Knit One, Kill Two which I love. It's fun and the character is learning to knit and is going through all the issues of a begining knitter (like why are there holes in my knitting). The 1x1 rib scarf is bagged up and is waiting for me to eventually go to the post, but who to send it to. I know my mom would love it but do you need a wool, mohair, silk scarf in FL? I'll send it to my Mema probably. It will take a while though because next weekend I'm going to CO and then after that to visit Jen in Cayucos. I love that town. Back to knitting and reading
On TV: Nothing listening to podcasts

1 comment:

Lumie said...

Hi, my blog is public which is why I restrict my topics to mainly knitting and reading. I know for sure two of my friends read this and the person I refer to by name the most often.