Saturday, October 08, 2011

This is going to be my Nerd Wars Dissertation project. It reminds me a lot of the sweaters Buffy wore and that Dawn would borrow an example being in the sweater that Buffy wore in the episode Conversations With Dead People. I love the cowl neckline and it can help give some protection against those pesky vampires…

It also helps that I have a major design crush on Gudrun Johnston. Her designs are amazing. Slipped Hours Sweater
10/1/11: I swatched last night and found I was getting about a half an inch larger than I should with US size 4 Addi Turbos, so I went down to a US size 3 Addi Turbo. I was able to cast on once all of the smoke detectors stopped their infernal beeping. I am currently doing the 3” of purling before the turned hem. This yarn rolls quite a bit so the turned hem will add structure as well as a finished look.

10/2/11: I knit on this all day yesterday for about 12 hours stopping for meal break. Tt was cold and rainy and I had left a window open the night before; no one is happy at 43 Degrees Fahrenheit. I had a relaxing day of bad Netflix and knitting. I only got 2” or 20 rows of 27 done on the bottom edge. It is in the round though. I think the time justification won’t be a problem at all.

I was able to get to 3” at 23 rows. It took me 2.5 hours to unpick the temporary cast on edge so I can do the tuck hem for the bottom of the sweater. I’m reminding myself these details are worth it during every k2together.
To make sure it takes me 3 months I am only working on the sweater on the weekends. I want to be on the sleeves by the end of November. I currently have knit the bottom edge plus turn and 3" out of 12" on the body before the bodice design starts.
Currently Reading: Dracula My Love

No comments: