Saturday, December 22, 2007

Yesterday, I found out that I have received IRB approval to start my research. I am so happy about that. Last night, Nina and I set out to LAX so I can catch my 10:00 flight to FL to spend the holidays with Sean's family and my mom. We left Burbank at 7:00 to miss rush hour traffic. We made it to the 105 in 20 minutes. We didn't get to LAX until 9:30. I called Delta from the car to find out what to do if I miss my plane they said that I would not make my plane, but I could pay $75.00 and make alternate arrangements. I get to the airport with my messenger bag purse and am taken to a courtesy phone. While on the phone I find out because I checked in online I have to try to make the flight or it is $645.00 to get on a new flight. I don't have that sort of money so I look at Nina and say I have to try to make the flight. I show my boarding pass to the TSA agent who sends me up the first class elevator. On the second level,I meet a nice Australian man from Sydney who smuggles me over to the executive check in area. I run to my gate and make it to the gate where they are boarding zones 1-4. I was in zone 7, so I made my flight. I called my mom when I landed to try and get some clothes. She came with some underwear and tops. Mrs. Nixon found me some toiletries and I have already done a CVS run. Nina is going to try to mail me my carry-on. It has been an interesting start to the Christmas holiday.

4 comments:

Gonch In Goal said...

Ah the true spirit of the holidays, rushing rapidly somewhere to relax. Oh well at least you made it without having to spend anything extra, not to mention avoiding snow weather.

Jen Smith said...

That is excellent news (about the IRB approval, not the nearly missed flight)!

I hope you were able to relax once you got on board and once you made it to FL. And may God bless the TSA agent and the gent from Australia for their extraordinary kindness to you.

Jen Smith said...

I am feeling quite a bit better, and I would love for you to come and visit on the 1st. We can kvetch all weekend about the 2 horrid new adaptations and the 1 fun one.

Lumie said...

Mansfield Park was that bad?