Friday, May 26, 2006

So I have said that I'm a grad student, I'm a Master's Canidate at California State University, Long Beach. That only sounds mildly impressive in Southern California. I'm in the CSU system the stepchild of the UC system. Let's be honest I could poll my non-existent readers and they probably would never have heard of it. My thesis hours this semester were to be pass/fail only. My professor however gave me an A. This helped my GPA considerably. I did not nearly earn an A I may not have even earned a pass. I was also told this by the professor but I have an A. I don't know how I feel.
My future niece's baby blanket is still on the needles but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am over halfway done with the last ball of yarn. I had to go to the dentist in Seal Beach. I live in Burbank so it's a bit of a drive and I left early. I had time so I stopped at Alameta Bay Yarn Company the Long Beach Yarn store. They have a good selection but I don't find the staff approachable or much help and their needle prices are way to high. I've only gotten yarn there at the store wide sale. I remembered why when I lived in Long Beach I traveled to Cayucus for yarn buying.
I went to Mrs. Nelson's today as well. If you are a children's book lover and are ever in LA visiting and have access to a car make the drive out to La Verne. It's a wonderful shop. I adore the manager and her knowledgable staff. I made it out of there with my total under $50 and got there promo card (every $100 spent you get a $10 gift certificate). I've spent more than $100 but was just offered the card. It must be a new thing. I picked up i am the messanger (got to love the e.e. cummingsness of the title and in hardcover) by Markus Zusak. His most recent work is The Book Thief a worthwhile read. I found The Tale of Despereaux (in hardcover) by Kate DiCamillo and a Newbery Medal winner. Her latest work is The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane (an instant classic). I also finally picked up The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke (love her work and heared her speak at LA Festival of books).
On TV: Nothing I have a headache

No comments: